Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Zome yumZ

I was an odd little child. (If you wouldn't of guessed, you probably haven't been reading!) When I was younger,  I was pretty much the only kid who begged to watch Julia Child instead of catdog (I still stand by that being the most obnoxious show in tv history). Being in the kitchen instead of the playground made a BIg impact in my life. (ha. pun intended) It was the basis for the relationship I had with my grandparents. Mima and I would spend hours upon hours whipping up delectable dishes, and Pipo and I would spend merely seconds scarfing them down. I love them. I love food. and I love that thinking of my childhood brings both together. Although I don't think I knew what zucchini was until college (embarrassing),  making this dish and sharing it with my roommate brought back that loven' in the oven vibe. 
Zoo key knee 
*In other words, Zucchini Casserole.. but I really don't like the word Casserole 
What you'll need: 
2 Zucchini's - Salt/Pepper  - Bacon - Green Pepper - 
Onion - 1 egg - 1 tbsp of milk - Cheese     
 Prep:
-Preheat Oven to 375°F.   - Coat your baking dish with 
 nonstick cooking spray - Slice Zookeyknee's                                                                                                            
Drop Z slices in the pot of boiling water
While that bubbles, cook the peppers, onions and bacon. 
Set out and cover the Z's for 15 minutes while they simmer
Whisk up that egg and milk then drop the Pep.On.Bac. mix + some cheese
After 15, Drain the Z's



Place the Z's on the baking dish then season  with salt and pepper.
(P.S I added some breadcrumbs to the bottom because my roommate is a genius)
Pour mix over Z's
Place and bake for 35 minutes!



EnjoyZ 






No comments:

Post a Comment